Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday- Medical exam

Alexis Qi had her medical exam on Saturday. She may need glasses. She had some trouble seeing far. Everything else is good.

She had her first Italian meal, pizza and spaghetti. She loved it! She had sauce all over her face. She will fit in fine with our big Italian family. The waiter was in love with her. She is 5 years old, but all of the Chinese people keep calling her 'the baby.' She does look like a toddler to me since she is about 37 inches tall.

We did some shopping and visited the local park. It is so hot and humid. The heat made her very tired. This is a good this since she has so much energy! I bought her some squeeker shoes. She loves wearing them, everyone knows when she is around. The park was very busy. We keep seeing lots of brides and models getting there pictures taken. There was some type of event today with Chinese women wearing period clothing from the 14th century (?).

We will do more sightseeing and visit the Pearl Market on Sunday, my first Mother's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy first Mother's Day! It must have been an extremely emotional day for you! I am a single mama too. I have one son who I adopted from a domestic adoption and am in process to adopt a 5 year old boy from China. Love seeing the gorgeous pictures of your daughter and hope you continue to have a smooth trip!

    ReplyDelete